5 August 2012

You can't keep a good blogger down!

Well, I'm not so sure about the "good" bit, perhaps it should have read "prolific" instead.

After a particularly uncomfortable bout of rotten old Shingles (don't ask, it's horrid and my particular bete noir), I think I might be back in the blogging seat again.  Hurrah!

I've such a lot to tell you about - sausages, burgers, chicken pie, some gorgeous wine, braised veal, rhubarb & ginger jam, the Cocoa Boutique chocolates, butter chicken curry, a new way of serving new potatoes, some fab gammon ham, an orange & lemon drizzle marble cake and a steak with broad bean salad meal that was just divine!

Good old hubby has been brilliant while I've been laid up, he's been doing all the cooking and hasn't complained about cabin fever once.

Steak & Broad Bean salad - so good!
There was at least a bit of a silver lining to this cloud, as it meant I got to watch nearly all of the Olympic 3-day Event (Dressage being my "thing" - and I worked in an Eventing Yard a long, looong time ago) and we've at least been sidetracked by all the Olympic coverage in general, which has been just outstanding.

So, hopefully, I'll be back to bend your ear about all those lovely things I mentioned above - and quite probably some more, as we go along!

.

11 comments:

  1. Jenny, so glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a good week. Watching the Olympics has been so time consuming but such fun - I caught myself getting interested in race walking yesterday! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. :) Every day sees a marked improvement, so I'm sure I'll be back on form very soon. It's a funny old thing, watching the Olympics. I never knew I could get so excited about weight lifting. lol

      Delete
  2. So glad you're ok - always a worry when someone goes quiet. And hope your Dad is recovering as well. Looking forward to hearing about your next lot of culinary adventures!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Seren! We saw my folks yesterday when they came over for a cuppa and Dad is doing amazingly well still. Considering it was just five weeks ago, he's looking marvellous and is getting his feet back under himself very well. Mum ensures he goes out for a short route march every day, so he daren't do anything else BUT get well very soon! lol

      Delete
  3. So sorry you haven't been well. Glad you are feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're better - missed you in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Suzy! It's nice to be missed. :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you're well on the mend - shingles is horrid. I see you have some Cocoa Boutique chocs too. I have sampled a couple and they are rather good I thought!

    I'm just off to find your curd tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've all but finished the Cocoa Boutique chocs now - but I'm hoarding a few of the chocolate coffee beans, which were one of my favourites, for emergencies. LOL

      Delete

I love to receive messages from you all, so if you can spare the time, comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...